By Mohamed Kamara
The National Secretary General and some executive members of the PDP party, have accused their national chairman, Mr. Prince Coker who doubles as the chairman of the
All Political Parties Association (APPA) of corruption, misappropriation of funds and forgery of bank signatories.
According to an affidavit sworn in May 2022, by the PDP National Secretary General seeks as follows:
- That several attempts have been made on the 27th April 2022, 3rd May 2022 and 4th May 2022 to effect personal service of the said Originating Summons on the Defendant but same have proved futile as the Defendant has been evading service.
- That any further attempt to serve the Defendant will cause undue delay.
- That will be in the interest of justice for this Honorable Court if this application is granted.
- That I make this affidavit in support of the orders prayed for in the Notice of Motion herein
Furthermore, on the 9th of June 2022, solicitor for the Plaintiff Foday Mansaray wrote another “Experts Notice of Motion” addressed to Prince Coker with approval from the Civil Division of the High Court of Sierra Leone which reads:
TAKE NOTICE that this Honorable Court sitting at Law Court Building Siaka Steven Street Freetown on the 14th day of May 2022, at 9:30 O’ clock on the forenoon or so soon thereafter as Counsel may be heard on behalf of the Defendant on the hearing of an application for the following orders:
- That this Honorable Court grant leave to the Plaintiff/Applicant to effect substituted service on the Defendant/Respondent of the Originating Summons dated the 22nd day of April, 2022 through Court may deem appropriate for the purpose.
- Any further Order(s)/relief(s) that this Honorable Court may deem fit.
- That the costs in the cause.
AND FURTHER take notice that at the hearing of this notice of Motion Counsel for the Plaintiff/Applicant herein will use and rely on the Affidavit of FODAY MANSARAY ESQ sworn to on the 9th day of June 2022 together with the exhibits attached thereto and any other affidavit(s) that Counsel may seek leave to use.
On the 18th May 2022, the Counsel for the Plaintiff through the General Civil Division has asked the Court to pass Judgment on the following:
LET THE DEFENDANT attends the High Court sitting at the Law Court Building Freetown on the 18th day of May 2022 at 9:30a.m.
Soon thereafter, as Counsel may be heard on the hearing of an application on behalf of the Plaintiff for the following orders:
- That this honorable court grant an interim injunction prohibiting the Defendant from doing any act on behalf of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP SORBEH) without the knowledge and approval of the party’s executive (National Executive Committee) and membership.
- That this Honorable Court grants an order prohibiting the Defendant from doing any activities on behalf of the People’s Democratic Party (P.D.P) SORBEH without the approval of the party’s executive (National Executive Committee) and membership.
- That this Honorable Court grants an order prohibiting the Defendant from doing any activities that would amount to an Anti-Party (People’s Democratic Party (PDP) SORBEH activities.